Aug 9, 2010

First Polaroids





The other week I went to the Mystic Seaport Museum. It is set up as a representation of a typical 19th century New England coastal village. They have different houses and ship with interpreters you can visit and learn about how life was in that era.

I took my film camera and got a nice roll but I also decided to try out the Polaroid camera I have with the new PX 100 Silver Shade film from the Impossible Project. It probably was not the best day to try this out as it was quite warm and sunny. These are my first results. They are not the greatest but I do sort of like imperfections too. What do you think?

Just a note if you want to try it, the film does not seem to be entirely stable as they started to get that dark line as they sat in my bag. I taped the backs up to seal them in better. I did see a contraption to add to the front of the Polaroid to protect it from sunlight until fully developed. I'm thinking about giving it a try. But hopefully the next go rounds of film won't be so fragile.

P.S. 52 Weeks is up.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Real Time Web Analytics