Mar 24, 2011

The Maker's Project










Have you seen The Maker's Project, Jennifer Causey's photo project to document the people who make products in her Brooklyn, NY neighborhood. She writes on the website that she knew when she started that she was taking pictures of people who make things but, she soon realized she was taking pictures of people who make things happen. I love this concept and I love seeing how things are still made by hand. The photos above are from Mast Brothers Chocolates series.

These remind me of a photo series I did last summer about two local farms. It's part of a project for the Coventry Regional Farmer's Markets. It was so much fun to see the farms and all the produce they work so hard on growing. Hopefully I will be allowed to share them with you soon.

(images from The Maker's Project. photography by Jennifer Causey)
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Real Time Web Analytics