Dec 30, 2009

A surprise in the mail...

I haven't been feeling great this week, I have a cold that just won't kick it. Yesterday I had no ambition and it was 17 degrees out so going to the mail box was not high on my list but I'm very glad I went. I found this great surprise. A while back I joined in on Carly's Holiday Gift Swap and Crystal of Powder Blue got my name.

Crystal sent me some great note cards, jasmine green tea, a cute little box and some wonderful smelling olive oil soap. But my favorite part of the gift was a collection of photos she took. She is quite a talented photographer. You can see her photos on her blog here.

Thanks so much Crystal for your wonderful gift. I love everything! :D



P.S. I forgot to mention yesterday that this weeks post is up at 52 Weeks, check it out here.

(This week we chose a "family/chaos". For my photo I took a picture of the lantern family members left for my great-grandparents in the cemetery. It is a Finnish tradition to leave a candle on Christmas Eve for your loved ones that have passed. After, my relatives came to drink glögg (mulled wine) and to eat dinner at our house of a mix of Swedish and Finnish foods - pickled herring (sill), pickled beets, Swedish meatballs, baked cod in white sauce, roast pork with lingonberries, vörtlimpa bread (like a rye bread) and Christmas rice pudding for dessert.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you enjoyed your gift! I have no idea why it had such a belated arrival so I apologize for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun surprise to get in the mail. I love cards as well!

    Also, love your 52 weeks post...Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

 
Real Time Web Analytics