Aug 18, 2009

The Art of the Letter









I saw this on Design Sponge this morning and had to see what it was all about. Mysterious Letters is a project created, by artists Lenka Clayton & Michael Crowe, to send letter to every one in the village of Cushendall, Ireland. They mailed each of the unique 467 letters in April 2009.

Their hope for the project was that "... these unsolicited letters would prompt neighbourly discussion, spreading across the town, promoting community curiosity."

In a day of emails, texts and tweets, I find this a wonderful project. In case this spurred and urge to write, I found these whimsical cards from InkSpot Workshop's Etsy store.









(Images from Mysterious Letters blog and InkSpot Workshop)

2 comments:

  1. i too think the art of the letter project is amazing. makes me happy to know people are doing things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenka and Michael live in N.Ireland like me? I wonder when my letter will arrive...

    ReplyDelete

 
Real Time Web Analytics